I try to make a smocked garment for my grand-daughters' birthdays. This year my effort for the twins' birthday is nightdresses, using some fabric from my stash.
One piece is a remnant I saw and instantly thought Veronica would like. The fabric is a little heavier than I usually use for smocked nightdresses, but seems to be crush-resistant and soft. The colour and the spots are likely to appeal.
The other is a piece I inherited, I think, from my mother's stash (either that, or I bought it in Gawler in the 1970s!) and have kept for the right garment. The colours will appeal, I hope, to Niamh.
I used the Victorian Dreams for Girls pattern - I've made enough of these now to be able to do them, from cutting, to pleating, smocking and construction in minimum time!
All done and dusted!