This particular piece of cotton, the by- product of the Embroiderers' Guild over-dying of thread, was much harder to stitch than the first piece;the weave was tighter and I had lined it with thicker wadding. The stitched figures, therefore, are not quite as detailed or fine.
I used the shape and space between the banners to run strings of related figures.
'women making rain' fabric from the border of project 1 to make a border for this piece, but my instinct was to create a more tradition icon frame.
I managed to find a remnant in Eastern Silk that gave me some gold options. I combined strips cut from the darkest coppery gold with an inset deep navy border made from a Japanese kimono remnant. The finished piece is about 17" x 22".
The two pieces are now labelled and packaged, ready for me to take to the Guild on Monday. The Exhibition is August 1-15. My contribution may be a bit out of the mainstream - but we'll see how it goes.