I began, as before, with the framing stitches, then moved to the horse and to the ribbon pattern on the drawer at the bottom.
As suggested, I outlined the horse first, then filled in. A couple of lines across the body of the horse enabled me to better count the stitches.
I found filling in the horse extremely tiring on my eyes, probably because it is black as well as being one-thread stitching over a consolidated space.
I tried Betsy's suggestion of using tent stitch instead of cross stitch on the horse, but thought it left gaps, so reverted to cross stitch.
It is a very pleasing design to see emerge, but I had to keep taking breaks. It has been the hardest piece so far.
It's going to look good on the chest, though.