The first pair I knitted were to match the cardigan and hat for my Canberra daughter. I didn't manage to photograph those.
I then had a go at knitting an oversized pair in Murano - and felting them. I simple made them enormous, put them through the washing machine three times
with added boiling water - then left them to dry wedged in an upside down pair of my shoes.
As unorthodox as that was, it worked and they were claimed by a good friend.
From there I knitted pairs for the grandchildren. The mohair ones were popular for the look, but not the feel, so I made additional pairs using Murano - the manly brown-black mix for Fionn, a rainbow mix for Brigid and a blue mix for Veronica.
Niamh chose a very soft Moda Vera Flammone, 50% wool, 50% acrylic, from my stash. I only had a single hank - 70 metres, and have been looking for a project to use it. It worked really well for slippers.
This is a highly successful pattern and one I can see myself using as a standby for a long time to come.