Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2023

White Christmas Doves

 I found these felt doves on the Leprosy Mission website a couple of months ago, and thought they were begging to be embroidered, so I bought 5 of them. When I finished knitting the Christmas beanies, this was my next task. They are, I think, my last 2023 Christmas project. 






I began with white perle thread and open chain stitches, roughly resembling feathers.  Only on the wings.


I moved on to a silver thread and the same stitch.




 Then to gold thread and the same stitch.







Emboldened, I moved to daisies in gold, slightly varied, on the remaining two.
 I considered arranging them in a large hoop (I have several for the purpose) but settled on a drop which I tried in a couple of places in my apartment before settling, for the moment, on the wall immediately visible when I open my front door.     
While appropriate for Christmas, it’s not a bad message for any time of the year, so they might stay around for a bit.                                                 Wishing you peace and joy now and throughout 2024.

No comments: