Search This Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2023

A trio of Santa hats


Here are the three Santa hats finished. As you can see, I modified no2 and no3, eliminating the upper row of Santas. I realised it would work with one row as long as I extended the white top a little. The second one, with the red pompom, is a little smaller than the first and the third (gold pompom) is even smaller. They all fit me, but I do have a small head. I think there are family heads that the gold Pompom will not fit.


The acrylic (white) yarn works the best for the pompom. It has a bit of body and holds shape. The red cotton worked least well. It's very floppy and doesn’t hold shape. The gold worked better, but I did make it smaller.  

I think I now have enough cotton beanies for Christmas Day, but I might try one more. With a bit of modification I can turn Santas into Christmas trees!

It's a magic shape!


No comments: