Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2018

Zenbroidery 3


The project I took to England to keep me occupied once I finished the Estense bag, was another Zenbroidery. This one is larger than the ones I have done previously - a rectangle roughly 30 cm x45 cm.

Unlike the previous one, this design is not conducive to complete coverage. The white space between the flowers and leaves needs to remain as part of the design.













Once again, I am using a pack of perle 5 thread in bright colours and making it up as I go along.











While in the hoop progress seems fast, it is useful to keep viewing it in the context of the whole!

Nevertheless, it's a lot of fun and most satisfying to just pick up, decide on a colour and a stitch and have a go. The fact that it is made up of small components provides a sense of completion in a stitching session.







I also learn a lot about colour combinations just by playing.









I'd doing this between other projects - it's very satisfying, heaps of fun and unpressured.

Not much more a girl can ask for!

1 comment:

Lyn Warner said...

It looks like glorious fun, with cheery colours and a big variety of stitches.