Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Makeover



I recently succumbed to temptation and ordered two embroidered cotton tops from SunnyColorsStore in Guadalajara, Mexico.  I love the colourful embroidery and the shapes suit me. When they arrived, the black one (XXL)was the right size, but the purple one (XXL/XL) was too small. I should have known better. I have found before that sizes designed to cover two sizes rarely fit me.






Angie Lopez from SunnyColorsStore was  distressed that the top did not fit and wanted to replace it. She has been very supportive and responsive. However, these were not expensive and I could not face returning it to Mexico, partly because of the fuss, partly because I did not want to part with it,  so I decided to try a make-over.

I looked for a matching purple cotton to insert but in the end, decide to go for a bright contrast rather than have an imperfect match.
'


I undid the side seams and inserted wedges of batik from Batik Fabrics Online. I had purchased it to back a cushion, but didn't use it.

While it looks a bit odd flat, I am very pleased with it when on.










It's a bit out there - just what this elderly woman needs!

I look forward to wearing it as the weather warms up - and one day buying more in the right size from SunnyColorsStore!

No comments: