Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Canberra Shawl

I'm was on a bit of a roll with shawls this winter. It is, at the moment, my favourite thing to knit. This one was a birthday gift for a dear friend who is in the process of relocating to Canberra. I wanted this one to be soft and warm; a little bit lacy, but not enough to let the chill through.
I found a Bendigo Woollen Mills Alpaca blend that is very soft but as warm as toast.



















The pattern is Sierra Breeze from The Prayer Shawl Companion.







I had plenty of wool, so kept knitting until it seemed a good length.






I blocked it lightly, to give it shape and allow the pattern to show without compromising the warmth. It took up the  length of my dining table!

It wasn't easy to get a photo of the finished item, but Veronica helped out.




Then it was off to the birthday girl, and its eventual life in Canberra.

1 comment:

Lyn Warner said...

Very pretty! Lucky friend.