Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas Bling.

Last year I made this little fellow on the left for a friend of mine who is into penguins. I have made a few penguins for her over the years, and this one, part of a kit, fitted the bill.

This year I added a companion (green scarf, rather than red!)













My friend has this year excelled herself in the Christmas penguin theme on her tree! I especially like the little row of penguins riding on the cow's back.





One of these hearts was last year's offering to another friend who likes to decorate her own tree with hand-made ornaments.




My offering to her this year is a little stocking. These were designed to be merely an ornament, but I prefer a working stocking, so added a felt back. It's nice to add a chocolate or two.






For myself, I have this year finally completed Casper, the third beaded Wise Man. His companions, Melchior and Balthasar, have been waiting since 2012 and 2013 respectively for him to join them.

There is much rejoicing amongst the reunited Wise Men.

I'm pleased to honour their story by completing the task - but am not planning to expand into a full beaded nativity! I'm not sure I have yet found all the beads that escaped from their container down, around and under my sofa!



We three kings of Orient are
Bearing gifts, we traverse afar
Field and fountain
Moor and mountain
Following yonder star











Happy Christmas!





Oh, star of wonder, star of might
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to the perfect light




Here's to perfect light!


No comments: