Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Rainbow shawl

The second shawl in my 2018 shawl binge was a feather and fan triangle from a ball of lovely variegated 2 ply I bought a few years ago in New York from a place called Knitty City in the Upper West Side. I saw a shawl in the window one evening and went back when the shop was open to buy the pattern and yarn. I made the shawl for a neighbour but had bought a spare ball. I wanted my neighbour's shawl to be unique, so I've repeated the pattern with different yarn. The spare ball has been waiting for me to find a new pattern for it.

I settled on a feather and fan which worked well. I simply kept knitting until the yarn was used up.










Then I blocked the shawl on the largest towel I could find - my stripy beach towel.




It blocked beautifully - and yes, passes the wedding ring test!


One of my granddaughters says it is a veil for a Gay wedding!



I haven't yet found the recipient for it - but I know that will become clear  - the secret name of the rightful owner will be revealed one day!



No comments: