I have not posted for a couple of weeks. While I continued stitching on my recent visit to friends and family in Sydney, I wasn't in a position to post and I've had a backlog of other things to do since I returned. Usually I have a couple of posts in reserve for such situations, but have run my reserve out!
Hungarian Point work while away. I didn't want to take the many skeins of stranded thread I might need as I figured it would end up tangled. I therefore devised a little aid. I chose the graduated colour threads I thought I might use, cut a 40cm length of each and threaded them into a spare piece of linen that Gay Sanderson had kindly given me in class.
This worked really well - I could draw out individual strands of the thread and also see where the gradation was or wasn't working.
It is then much harder to pick it up again, as you are out of the rhythm and have forgotten a bit.I had hoped to extend the pattern a little to enlarge the bag slightly, but was having so much trouble getting back into the flow of it that I decided to stick with the original size of the bag.
I finished the counted thread work yesterday. As keen eyes will see, there are a few errors evident in the last colour waves on the left-hand end.
My little linen thread sorting mechanism helped me a to repair some of the damage by identifying the colours I needed to fill a couple of gaps.
I debated unpicking back to the green, but I doubt my eyes are up to it. I will move on to the construction phase and use it as a learning tool.
I wasn't idle while talking to friends - some more on my knitting project soon!