The monograms worked well. They are worked in stem stitch, with split stitch outlines. The circle surround is eyelet stitch with granitos for the flower leaves. There are three padded circles in the design - a new technique to me.
The ring roll is meant to be secured by a stud. The stud came with the kit, but not the tool to attach it, and the instructions were 'attach the stud'. It is a long time since I used studs, and never this kind.
However, I then realised that a small ring (as opposed to my own larger rings) would not fit over the buttons - so more unpicking!
I also added a small loop to the outside so the ribbon can tie without going around the whole roll and obscuring the monogram. I'd also like to get one of those tiny irons to iron around motifs like this on linen. It is quite hard with an ordinary iron to get into the little corners.
In the end they came up well and made good presents.