Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Little Chef Aprons

Today I tried out a pattern from Meg McElwee's book Sew Liberated  - the little chef apron. It is a great design. Instead of long fiddly, narrow bias strip ties it has a big fat band with velcro that can be opened one-handed from the front by the child - either right or left handed depending on how you construct.


It is made with a double layer of fabric (ie it is lined). I used fabric from my stash, so lined it in a plain green. The back view is below. This size should fit a 6-10 year old I think.


I think it is a great design with clear instructions. I reckon it will be comfortable and easy to wear.

I hope to try it out on a child tomorrow  - and see if there is demand for more. I have just about enough crocodile material to make another one.




No comments: