Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Aesop Frame half-way point

I began the Aesop Mirror Frame in May 2021, with the wood pigeon,  in the top right hand corner, working left across the top then moving down the left hand side. It's a pleasant, meticulous all-consuming project.  

After the wood pigeon, 



came the squirrel  






and the pea hen before I put the project aside to work on some smaller, more pressing projects. 











I picked it up again in late March this year. After finishing a number of other projects I was ready for a longer project. I had started the woodpecker and finished that relatively quickly.

When I moved the hoop it was quickly evident that I should have taken the linen OUT of the hoop in the months it was idle! I can fix it by blocking - but a lesson nevertheless.


The next corner still went nicely into the hoop and I pressed on.






There will be a few touch-ups at the end but I'm very satisfied with this result. 



It brings me just beyond the half-way point and the end is in my sights. 







I moved into a 12" hoop for the next section, enabling me to fit the whole of the fox in (just). Although the tension is not as good as on an 8" hoop, it's much better to be able to see the whole figure.

I've embroidered the greenery and the frog. All set now to do the fox.

I hope to report soon on the last side and the finished product!

No comments: