Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Running Hare and Chair



I've been up and running on covering my chair with crewel work. Sarah, from Comfort Works, offered me $75A to have the cover altered to the right length. I appreciated the offer, but decided I didn't want the hassle of finding someone to do it, taking the cover there etc. So I set to work and altered it myself - just turning up the hem about 2" and running it around on the machine.


It's now fine. I've also been trying out bits of finished crewel on it.

I also got out the Crewel Work Company's Running Hare which I've had for a couple of years, and got to work. 

It proved lovely to stitch and worked up quickly.



The colours are inspired. I am not so good on colour, and would not have thought to put these together.








I couldn't resist trying it on the chair at the last hoop change!









It might have been better to start with the hillock, rather than finish - it wasn't easy to get the hoop smooth over the existing stitching!










Nevertheless, I finished - a lot of enjoyment, and another raggy piece to show for my effort.









 Before long, however, it was looking much better. I also blocked the crewel work sampler from the 2017 Retreat







Then came the tricky bit - stitching it on to the chair cover. It's coming along.

I have ordered a Jacobean Stag kit to go on the left of the inside. I think I will have to get some extra pieces of linen twill to fill in the gaps between the pieces - but I'll wait and see when it is further advanced.

Obsessed is again the word. I also ordered the two fire screen panels to put on the back of this chair. It's a bit mad, I think - but I'm going to really enjoy doing it!

And I really do NOT need any more cushions (nor, unfortunately, fire screens!).

No comments: