Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Jewellery bags from scraps



A couple of months ago I was on a roll - or is it a binge?- with bags for storing jewellery.  After making the blue linen into a bag with Zakka embroidery, I had quite a few odd bits of the quite lovely linen left over, along with some of the gold silk lining, so decided to turn the left-overs into more small jewellery bags.











The first one is tiny - good for a pendant, or earrings. It is not evenly cut - and I quite like it for that







The Zakka had worked so well I decided to try some motifs from Karen Holmburg’s book of Scandinavian Stitchcraft I had recently purchased.

The thread is the remains of the silk from the Gift of Stitching kit I used for the Zakka bag, supplemented by a hank of red silk I had from my daughter's gift last year of monthly surprise thread packs from Stitchy Box.

In addition to the tiny snowbells pouch, I made a drawstring bag, with a silk cord on the outside





I added a tassel and a needle-lace button (using a scrap of the linen as a base).

There was still some linen left so I fashioned a folding pouch in three sections, lined with silk and folded.


With the last strip I made an of even smaller folded pouch for pearl earrings.










This was a productive way of trying out the motifs and stitches in Stitchcraft: Scandinavian Embroidery, using every bit of this lovely hand-dyed linen, and yielding several useful bags for storing my jewellery.



No comments: