Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Crochet progress

I've continued work on my crocheted flower cushion, finishing the 64 flowers. I spent a bit of time laying them out, rearranging, then joined them together. 
I wanted to crochet them together, rather than stitch it, to see if I could do it.  I put two squares together crocheting  through matching stitches on each, then moved on one stitch at a time, creating a chain along the join. This holds it firm.

I'm pleased with the result. 

I've now begun the back, which is worked in stripes using the same colour range. This will be a good project to do in the busy week ahead.


Monica said...

It really looks pretty, Jillian! Those few pops of yellow are perfect.

Good luck with your move. I hope it all goes smoothly and you are well settled in by the holiday!

Jillian said...

Thanks Monica. I added in a bit moe yellow and red - it looked a bit flat without them. I'm really looking forward to being settled in!

margaret said...

this is looking so good and will be so warm and cosy in the cold weather