I had 100 grams of apricot wool left over from Brigid's hat and gloves, so thought I might use it up on another bag for felting.
I used the same pattern as the last two bags - by now I know it by heart. No problems with twisting using this wool.
The finished photo, with i-cord handles - is truer to colour than the one below.
I now had three small bags ready to felt and thought I would do the large bag again for good measure while I am using the water and heat.
A good breeze and a bit of winter sun, so I embarked on felting my bags. I used my washing machine with a few jugs of boiling water added to the wash cycle, since our hot water service does not heat above 50C.
This time I put them through three cycles of the washing machine. I hung them on a tree in the sun, then moved them around as the sun moved around the yard. They dried in the day - much faster than the last one I did.
I decided to give it another go, to reduce the size still further and remove the last of the knitting lines.
The next, and hopefully final, step is a closure on the small bags and realigning the handles on the large one.