Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Smocking up a storm - Pyjamas

I bought a kit for Bedtime, AS&E 94 , earlier this year. It looked like a simple and useful project and I found a remnant at a Hype and Seek in Queen St Croydon that looked as if it would be perfect to make a second pair, so I could make them as presents for my twin granddaughters.

I made the kit up first. The cotton voile was easy and pleasant to smock and the pattern straightforward. Getting the gathers roughly even in the angel sleeves was about as tricky as it got.

The remnant fabric had a fair bit of polyester in it - still easy to work with, but care needed when ironing!

It is, however, a very pretty piece of fabric.

I think the girls will really like them. The bow to mark the front of the pants is a great idea.


Mrs. Fzl said...

Nice. good job.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous