Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2026

A second Jewels of Summer tea box

 I've now finished the fifth tea box, using Anna Scott's Jewels of Summer pattern  for the second time.

Even the second time, it was a joy to stitch. Each section uses different stitches and demands precision.



It was going well, until I noticed I had stitched (right) the feather stitch leaf fronds either side of the central flower facing the wrong way.
(pattern left)


It seemed easier to extend the "fronds" into trailing vines than to undo them.

I enjoyed the exercise of working out the path of the vine. I also like the effect.
 




I debated which colour to use for the signature, settling on the palest green.

 




It washed and blocked well, removing pencil mark lines I used to keep lines straight.
The fabric piece was larger than than those for the other boxes, which, interestingly, made it easier to tighten. 

The completed piece fitted tightly into the box, so I only used double-sided tape on the corners.

It is now in the hands of the happy recipient. I've enjoyed making these lids and feel I've learnt a great deal.

No comments: