Reluctantly, I transferred the design using Solvi, removing the latter as soon as I had the outline stitched. It worked OK this time - I was fairly quick stitching the outline, so the Solvi didn't become brittle.
The harder one was Luke Skywalker. Firstly, I had overlooked the awkwardness of getting my hand inside a boy's skinny leg jeans!
Then there was the small matter of embroidering a face - not one of my skills.
I adjusted the hair, redid the facial features, took the hair out completely and redid it - then, finally, unpicked the whole thing except for the arm and light sabre! I used DMC neon for the sabre.
I am satisfied with the result. They were well received and looked good when Fionn wore them to the movies on Monday.