The bottoms of the legs, which were wide, made two quite reasonable size drawstring bags.
The cuffs were a bit frayed, so I turned that into a fringe at the top of one bag.
A bit mad, I think, (rather like my grandmother turning her nightdress into pyjamas by stitching up the middle of the skirt) but it really pleases me.
They will embroider quite well if I decide to have a go in between other projects. I have a few iron-on transfers that would go well. Even as they are, however, they are sturdy, soft bags.
I also patched the knee of the dragon jeans I embroidered for my grandson a couple of years ago.
I keep a few iron-on patches on hand for mending knees but always stitch them down as they lift if only ironed. The dragon is now accompanied by a motor-bike.
Perhaps when these jeans fall apart the dragon will reappear as a bag!