I appliqued a couple of crocheted doilies in red and cream (from Portobello Gypsy, as before), then began embroidering around them. I began with some small diasies in two colours using method 2 (two seen here finished, two in process) then added a ribbon of chain stitch waves.
I moved on to some cast on stitch flowers, and then some similar, but using bullion knots.
I filled in between with little button-hole pom-poms.
Around the large red crocheted piece I worked
inside-out buttonhole wheel flowers and some whipped chain stems.
By now I was really into this- and having a lot of fun.
chain-stitched spider daisies around a small crocheted doiley with pansies in the centre. I had been itching to try these - and they didn't disappoint.
I finished this bag off with some coloured embroidered edging that I inherited in my mother's stash. It is a bit over-the-top, but this one is for Veronica, who is an over-the-top kind of girl.