I had a couple of small wooden boxes in my stash which I thought might be about the right size for the Siennese Illuminated Treasure piece I have just finished. They proved, however, to be too small. That is probably just as well, as I had bought them with a purpose in mind!
I also had a much larger dark oak box that I had purchased using a discount voucher that needed to be used by a particular date. After a bit of testing and debate I decided to use the oak box. The alternative was to make a box - a possibility that is still open if I decide I don't really like this piece on the oak box, since I didn't need to cut the fabric to mount it.
It took a bit of manoevring to get it satisfactorily centred, particularly since one of my edges wasn't quite straight.
I also discovered that the hoop had left a mark - I hadn't removed it each night since I was working on it pretty constantly.
I wasn't prepared to try laundring the silk, so embroidered my initials and date over the marks.
I'm not sure what I will use the box for, but I will find a place and use for it in the sewing room which is slowly coming back together. In the meantime, the photo on the kitchen table gives a sense of size and shape of the box.