However, one of my daughters really loved the bag and said her family would really like one - so another Christmas present solved. I had enough linen and threads to manage.
This time I managed to transfer the whole design to my fabric - last time I missed two birds the first time! The Doodler lap frame works really well for this project.
I was also able to work quite a bit from memory - and improvise here and there.
Even the second time around, I love the variety of stitches and stances and the keen observation of bird behaviour evident in this design.
I had enough fabric for the third bag, but the linen piece was slightly darker than the linen I used for the first two - no bad thing.
In the pre-Christmas stitching effort and building activity, I missed taking any construction photos, so focused on those for bag 3.
By now I could stitch the scallops pretty quickly.
Once again, I used stitching plastic in the base to allow water to drain out if the bags get wet.
Everyone is happy with their pegbags.
I am doubly happy, because I responded to a Country Bumpkin Facebook request for information about what followers were stitching for Christmas, and won an Inspirations kit!
No, not a kit for the pegbag - for the Fallahi pincushion in Issue 72, something I had thought of making but I resisted the call of the kit!