Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Stars of Winter Tea Box


This was the last of these designs Create in Stitch had in stock when I was choosing a range to offer as lids to the Tea Boxes I was preparing for family members. It was a quieter, softer design than the others I found. It didn't leap out, but I liked its subtlety. 





I was pleased when one granddaughter chose it ahead of other designs on offer. 
It was very enjoyable to stitch. As usual, there was a variety of stitches. 





Additionally, the colour contrasts and blends were a delight, especially in the central flower.

Each addition of sprig  or stem added both stitching and design interest and pleasure.
While the red lifted it, there was gentleness and perfection in the soft, pastels.
 











Rather than the small red bird (robin?) on the top branch, I decided to add a Superb Fairy Wren. This tiny Australian bird seemed more appropriate, defined and special.


















I am very pleased with the result - and glad I made the switch.

It blocked well, and I padded it with two layers of some newly-purchased acid-free wadding. 

It probably didn't need the second layer, but it lifts the section behind the design.












I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favourite amongst these boxes, but this one fills me with joy.

No comments: