Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Zenbroidery 3.1



I last posted an update on my latest zenbroidery project in September 2018. This is a grab-and-go project that has not seen much activity in the light of the other things I've had on the go.
















I have worked some of the larger, more solid flowers in a version of Portuguese knot stitch and lots of the leaves in a variety of filling stitches - trying things out.

I've tried to flow the colours across the piece, shifting from red-yellows into blue-purples.





I just love working these pieces. It is freeing, experimental work and the results make useful bags (always an incentive!).














I've played with bullion knots  needle-weaving and stars.














I still have a bit to finish, but  probably not enough to take it with me when I travel in March. It is a good grab-and-go project, but only has a few hours left in it, so it is in my sights to finish before the end of the month.

Let's see how I go!



No comments: