Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Toy Chest Etui - Waxer Box

The last of the tools/toys that accompany the basic Toy Chest Etui set is a waxer box in the form of a drum. The construction of this is much as it was for the thimble-keep completed in class, apart from the drumsticks constructed on the lid.

With the aid of the instructions, my original blog and my notes, the various tips came back to me.




The drumsticks were a bit tricky. The beads supplied didn't fit on the (toothpick) drumsticks provided, so rather than whittle toothpicks, I substituted slightly larger wooden beads with holes that fitted the toothpicks. They are not quite as cute - but a good colour, and within the realms of possibility.

The wax sits neatly in the box, protected by the clever end covers. This is, I think, one of the more ingenious of the tools for this Etui, and one I can see myself using.










My next post will display the finished Etui with its full set of basic tools.

4 comments:

Monica said...

You are doing a great job persevering with the construction of all these tiny little accessories! I think I would be jumping out of my skin by now.

I think the drumsticks are a very reasonable solution -- I'm sure I've seen them on that scale. Another neat finish!

Jillian said...

Many thanks, Monica. I have enjoyed finishing these - and the worst is yet to come, as I bought kits for 3 'extra' tools. I will make it to the end - but won't offer to make another set!
I reckon I've seen big round drumsticks too.

margaret said...

hoe I admire your work on these immaculate pieces, the chest is going to be "out of this world" when it is completed.

Jillian said...

Thank you, Margaret.