Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Wizard of Oz Tree Ornaments

My final Christmas ornament effort has been a Bucilla Wizard of Oz kit, purchased because I didn't think many boys would want ballet bears as gifts off the tree!

I got mine after last Christmas from Herrschners, but I don't know if they still have them. I bought two, so I can replenish any that go as gifts ready for next year.


I began with the Scarecrow, who was a lot of fun to make - really jolly, with not too much bling and a happy face.

The Lion had some interesting stitching - Ghiordes knots for his mane, for example.














Each character has a Christmas accoutrement - candycane, or sequin scarf or, in the case of the tinman, a holly wreath.




Dorothy has a nice couched skirt. plaited hair - and a basket with Toto in it.






I didn't make the snowflake, but did manage the land of Oz - somewhere over the rainbow. That was a lot of sequins!

So the tree is decorated and the presents wrapped. I have managed to make quite a few presents and not blog about them. More on those after Christmas.

It has been really hectic this last week. We moved into our extension on 19 December and we are still unpacking boxes. I have quite a pleasing pile to take to the Op Shop. But we are ready for Christmas.


Merry Christmas to all my blogging friends. I hope we all have much Joy in the season.




2 comments:

Monica said...

Holy crow those are cute! I hope your Christmas is going well. All the best!

margaret said...

such a change from the baubles, these decorations are great