Search This Blog

Monday, March 20, 2023

Odd Bunch Pouch

In a hunt through my wool stash last week I came across a collection of gauge samples I have worked over the years, more in the past than recently as I now work much smaller, less complex samples, and often undo them once they've served their purpose.

As I was in the process of using things up, I put them aside to see what I could do with them. This is the result.

The first sample  was for a cardigan I made myself in the 1990s (and still wear).

The pink to the right was a jumper for my own daughters when they were children.
I don't remember the pink and green to the left. The multicolour one below was a jumper for Jim.
In addition there were three plain samples for which I have no memory.

I pieced these together by hand into a misshapen pouch, found a piece of jolly chicken fabric with which to line it and added a zip.
I'm not sure what I'll use the pouch for, but I'll find something for it one day. It isn't the sort of thing I could give as a gift to anyone! It reminds me of the vegetable Odd Bunches now available in supermarkets - a great idea.
In my view, perfection is over-rated.

Makes this madwoman happy!

No comments: