Search This Blog

Friday, August 18, 2017

Ort Pots Galore

On my recent trip to the NSW Southern Highlands, I took the makings of three more Ort pots. I thought the two friends with whom I was travelling might be interested in the concept and I had also promised to make one in the fabric I had used for my third Basics and Beyond project - a bonus accessory to the suite of products in the B2B course.

My friends were intrigued, then wrapt. They both wanted Ort Pots for their knitting threads!

Robin chose this one, from Liberty fabric given to me as a birthday present by a cousin in London.














Pat went for this Morris Meadows fabric left over from a skirt I smocked a few years ago.
I had done some fussy cutting to get the rose on the bottom of the pot - both inside and out.

























This left me with my own one to finish in front of our wood fire before I came home and added it to my B2B suite of accessories.





Everyone is happy and I still have the makings of three more to meet the needs of my SitnStitch friends, who are still keen and one of my daughters who has put in an order.





















They really are a lot of fun to make and use.

3 comments:

margaret said...

these are both practical and pretty do you have a link for the instructions so I can have a go please

Jillian said...

Thanks Margaret. Unfortunately, it isn't online.

Monica said...

You know, I am still kicking myself for not buying that Morris Meadows fabric when it came out. It looks great! Well, they all do. It looks very cozy by the wood fire, too. :D