Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Purple shawl progress

Knitting is finished on the purple shawl. This is what it looked like at the recommended length for a medium sized shawl, but I decided to continue.


After a suggestion from Katherine, one of my blogging friends, I tried out a contrasting thread in lieu of the ring markers. The thread I used was way too thick for this project - it worked, but would have been better if the yarn was finer. I'll have another try of this on another project, using finer contrast thread.





Once you reach the intended length, there is a top border of 12 rows to finish off. This is what the scarf looked like when I cast off.

Now to turn this raggy-looking thing into a shawl of beauty by blocking!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yes, the blocking will be the magic. Almost there!